This is clearly a busy time for M&A activities. MTV’s most recent announcement is interesting since it clearly indicates the company’s continuing desire to cover a broader spectrum than just music and to embrace the consumer generated content generation that Atom has in many ways pioneered. Led by my good friend Mika Salmi who left EMI in 1999 to join Real Networks and has been a pioneer in developing digital media properties for the last turbulent ten years or so, Atom is a terrific purchase for MTV and certainly make sense and fits right into their developing digital media strategy.
- RT @4IR_APPG: "Our ambition for AI must match the Apollo programme that put man on the moon" @timesredbox article from @MattHancock and @Gr… 6 hours ago
- RT @ratpie: @musicbizworld This coming just after @DDEXnet Paris, where 200 of the music industry’s R&D investors and practitioners, repres… 6 hours ago
- RT @DigiCatapult: “The rise of Machine Intelligence is going to change everything about computing”. If you want to know more about our #Mac… 6 hours ago
- RT @DigiCatapult: Our friends @Hello_Dimension have launched their new Partner Programme. Start developing amazing #AR #VR #XR apps featuri… 6 hours ago
- RT @ImmerseUK_: The £33m Audience of the Future first wave of funding opens 21 May. Get ahead of the game by finding out more at our briefi… 6 hours ago
Check out old stuff you might have missed…