This is clearly a busy time for M&A activities. MTV’s most recent announcement is interesting since it clearly indicates the company’s continuing desire to cover a broader spectrum than just music and to embrace the consumer generated content generation that Atom has in many ways pioneered. Led by my good friend Mika Salmi who left EMI in 1999 to join Real Networks and has been a pioneer in developing digital media properties for the last turbulent ten years or so, Atom is a terrific purchase for MTV and certainly make sense and fits right into their developing digital media strategy.
- The latest Mediaclarity: Aspirational Reading! paper.li/JeremyS1?editi… Thanks to @ulldusA1nhnvVuq @HitMusic70s @ADMmagazin #bigdata 6 hours ago
- The latest Mediaclarity: Aspirational Reading! paper.li/JeremyS1?editi… Thanks to @jeffgswanson @davidclowery @kjbaxter65 #bigdata 1 day ago
- RT @MegaNexusLtd: Many thanks to @DigiCatapult for a great #coffee morning today - great to meet like-minded companies in the #digital spac… 1 day ago
- RT @Mangaelle: .@JoJohnsonUK reaffirms @hmtreasury guarantee to underwrite the funding for all successful UK bids to @EU_H2020 https://t.co… 1 day ago
- RT @futurecitiescat: Learn about how you can apply for the Catapult Researchers in Residence Programme. ow.ly/xc2p30dHhtI https://t.c… 1 day ago
Check out old stuff you might have missed…