This is clearly a busy time for M&A activities. MTV’s most recent announcement is interesting since it clearly indicates the company’s continuing desire to cover a broader spectrum than just music and to embrace the consumer generated content generation that Atom has in many ways pioneered. Led by my good friend Mika Salmi who left EMI in 1999 to join Real Networks and has been a pioneer in developing digital media properties for the last turbulent ten years or so, Atom is a terrific purchase for MTV and certainly make sense and fits right into their developing digital media strategy.
- The latest Mediaclarity: Aspirational Reading! paper.li/JeremyS1?editi… Thanks to @DataWomenSA @Itu_Moumakwa @SJSEdmonds #bigdata #ai 11 hours ago
- RT @Digicatbrighton: Important date change! Our @DigiCatapult #5G Testbed Accelerator Programme Information event is now taking place Wedne… 14 hours ago
- RT @gurugk: Exciting news today from @RYOTStudio. They’re teaming up with @DigiCatapult and @ace_national to bring next-gen #XR experiences… 16 hours ago
- RT @DigiCatapult: In collaboration with the @turinginst we're providing funding for 9 London #startups to participate as 'challenge owners'… 23 hours ago
- RT @miblogestublog: I once said nobody but Radiohead was allowed to sing “Creep.” I take it back. 🙌🏽 https://t.co/0CNagUFzZN 23 hours ago
Check out old stuff you might have missed…