This is clearly a busy time for M&A activities. MTV’s most recent announcement is interesting since it clearly indicates the company’s continuing desire to cover a broader spectrum than just music and to embrace the consumer generated content generation that Atom has in many ways pioneered. Led by my good friend Mika Salmi who left EMI in 1999 to join Real Networks and has been a pioneer in developing digital media properties for the last turbulent ten years or so, Atom is a terrific purchase for MTV and certainly make sense and fits right into their developing digital media strategy.
- RT @vbwrks: Virtual reality therapy set for a real renaissance buff.ly/2ri3lBg @PNASNews #virtualreality #vbwrks #therapy #embodime… 1 hour ago
- The latest Mediaclarity: Aspirational Reading! paper.li/JeremyS1?editi… Thanks to @ofnumbers @tweetzal @PilarMartinFern #bigdata #ai 14 hours ago
- RT @HuddlestonNigel: Delighted to have been appointed Parliamentary Private Secretary (PPS) to @MattHancock at @DCMS Really looking forwar… 19 hours ago
- RT @ratpie: "If we owned our privacy, data & content we generate, digital services would be required to trade with us for them." https://t.… 21 hours ago
- RT @LDN_CDO: 2/ London vs cities in USA https://t.co/cjc8qWd0vc 21 hours ago
Check out old stuff you might have missed…