This is clearly a busy time for M&A activities. MTV’s most recent announcement is interesting since it clearly indicates the company’s continuing desire to cover a broader spectrum than just music and to embrace the consumer generated content generation that Atom has in many ways pioneered. Led by my good friend Mika Salmi who left EMI in 1999 to join Real Networks and has been a pioneer in developing digital media properties for the last turbulent ten years or so, Atom is a terrific purchase for MTV and certainly make sense and fits right into their developing digital media strategy.
- RT @darrendigicat: .@JeremyS1 open the #Augmentor Showcase - 10 whirlwind weeks as the programme draws to a close #ar #vr #immersive https:… 3 hours ago
- RT @ArianaGrande: broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don't have words. 9 hours ago
- RT @SolRogers: @Cannes_Lions @REWINDco Looking forward be back at @Cannes_Lions this year. Very proud to be partner with the awesome Holole… 9 hours ago
- RT @Cannes_Lions: Excited to see @REWINDco on the Discovery Stage at #LionsInnovation talking alongside #hololens bit.ly/2qqdpqF… 9 hours ago
- By the way- You should get NextDraft: Real News Daily -- nextdraft.com - it's really quite good - and independent in an SF way! 10 hours ago
Check out old stuff you might have missed…