This is clearly a busy time for M&A activities. MTV’s most recent announcement is interesting since it clearly indicates the company’s continuing desire to cover a broader spectrum than just music and to embrace the consumer generated content generation that Atom has in many ways pioneered. Led by my good friend Mika Salmi who left EMI in 1999 to join Real Networks and has been a pioneer in developing digital media properties for the last turbulent ten years or so, Atom is a terrific purchase for MTV and certainly make sense and fits right into their developing digital media strategy.
- The latest Mediaclarity: Aspirational Reading! paper.li/JeremyS1?editi… Thanks to @BMGuk @nandoferreira @anat_elhalal #bigdata 7 hours ago
- RT @rob_knight: Jeremy Silver @JeremyS1 talking about the past, present, and future of #blockchain at @DigiCatapult, beyond financial servi… 11 hours ago
- #iofa Literally standing room only at #iofa conference @DigiCatapult today. 18 hours ago
- RT @MattHancock: Here's our review of how to make UK a world leader in Artificial Intelligence by Wendy Hall & Jerome Pesenti https://t.co/… 20 hours ago
- RT @beisgovuk: .@DameWendyDBE and Jerome Pesenti from @benevolent_ai launch independent review of AI as part of #IndustrialStrategy https:/… 1 day ago
Check out old stuff you might have missed…