This is clearly a busy time for M&A activities. MTV’s most recent announcement is interesting since it clearly indicates the company’s continuing desire to cover a broader spectrum than just music and to embrace the consumer generated content generation that Atom has in many ways pioneered. Led by my good friend Mika Salmi who left EMI in 1999 to join Real Networks and has been a pioneer in developing digital media properties for the last turbulent ten years or so, Atom is a terrific purchase for MTV and certainly make sense and fits right into their developing digital media strategy.
- RT @JAAK_io: Great discussions at the @ConvergenceLDN 'Music on the Blockchain' event. https://t.co/2JnKMaXLa0 17 hours ago
- RT @leashless: Blockchain panel! https://t.co/6gAbE66DH9 17 hours ago
- RT @blockchainmdx: Many thanks @imogenheap @VaughnMcK @leashless @sumolaw @Fflic @JeremyS1 @mrfogg @marcusodair @ConvergenceLDN & @citize… 18 hours ago
- The latest Mediaclarity: Aspirational Reading! paper.li/JeremyS1?editi… Thanks to @hrdcrepnk @TeseradH @FernandoMeco #bigdata #analytics 19 hours ago
- RT @Lobster_it: Great to hear the perspectives on #blockchain of @JeremyS1, @imogenheap, @VaughnMcK & Phil Barry @ConvergenceLDN @citizenM… 20 hours ago
Check out old stuff you might have missed…